Saturday, May 06, 2006

Jackson RR5 - Randy Rhoads Pro


This guitar reminds me of my old metal days. I couldn't believe how awesome Randy played when I first heard him on my way back from a family trip. I remember listening to my handheld radio in the back seat of the family car and they were playing a song from the new Ozzy solo album. I couldn't believe how cool the guitar sound and playing was. I also remember learning or trying to play his licks in the garage band I was in. And then devestated by his loss.

For a long time I have wanted one of these guitars. Now I have one and it's a Japanese model built very well and it rocks. I like this model alot since it resembles the one Randy played. Not exactly like it but close enough.

It is a very solid guitar and boy does it rock. Cool looks, solid construction, set-up well and plays fast. I am definately happy with how this guitar sounds thru my current rig.

Enough of that ... here's the specs:
The Jackson Pro RR5 Randy Rhoads model features neck-thru-body construction. This Rhoads model is an incredible guitar with an alder body, rock maple neck, two Seymour Duncan JB humbuckers and an adjustable bridge that strings thru the body. Details include a 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with Shark Fin inlays and a comfortable, compound radius (12 to 14-inch); and gold-plated hardware. Made in Japan.
Technical Info
Body: alderNeck: rock maple neck through body with scarf jointHeadstock: Jackson 6-in-line pointedTuning machines: sealed di-castFingerboard: rosewood with 14 - 16-inch compound radiusNumber of frets: 22Fret size: jumboBridge pickup: Seymour Duncan SH-4 JBNeck pickup: Seymour Duncan SH-4 JBControls: Bridge Pickup Volume, Neck Pickup Volume, Master ToneBridge: Jackson tuneamatic with strings through bodyPickup switching: 3-position toggle: bridge pickup, bridge and neck pickup, neck pickupHardware: goldStrings: NPS, gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042Pickguard: chromeScale length: 25.5 in.Width at nut: 1-11/16 in.Introduced: January, 2006Unique features: rosewood fingerboard with acrylic pearl Sharkfin inlays, 14 - 16-inch compound radius, fingerboard, Seymour Duncan pickups

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home