Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Agile Valkyrie Doubleneck


At last I have my hands on a doubleneck. This is an Agile that once again is definately bang for the buck! I have always wanted to have one of these since I was a little kid and watching Alex Lifeson play one for Rush. I have always been a huge Rush fan and still am. Even though Alex only played his on one song, it was so cool to see him break it out on Xanadu. This is a very cool axe, very solid, and now that I have spent some time setting it up better it plays great. I do prefer the Alnico V's over the Alnico II's that are in this guitar but it still sounds great. I will have to brush up on my 12 string playing now.

Here's the specs:
Contoured, dual cutaway Solid 3 piece mahogany body (not a multi-ply not alder!) for a great sound
Set in Maple neck with adjustable truss rod
Bound rosewood fret-board with 20 jumbo frets (each neck) and a 13.7" radius neck for fast play Headstock features a detailed pearloid inlay and the fretboard features trapezoidal pearloid inlays
Die-cast Grover tuners with 18-1 ratio for ultra fine tuning
Ceramic hum-bucker pickups with chrome covers
Two volume and two tone controls per body section plus a three way pickup selector (each body section) switch to help you get the sound you want
Chrome stop bar tailpiece and a four ply pickuguard (Black/White/Black/White) complete the look
Actual weight 13 lbs
Overall length is 41" including the strap button
Width at the widest point is 17"
Body thickness 2" at edge.
The neck is 1 5/8" wide at each nut.
Each scale length 24.7".
Ceramic Pickup spec: Neck: Inductance: 3.8 Henries, DC Resistance: 8.14k ohms Bridge: Inductance 15.2 Henries DC Resistance: 17.4 k ohms

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home